Wednesday 20 January 2010

Art Of The Sea

I have been a person of the sea since I was a kid. Surfing from a young age and later finding windsurfing and paddle boarding, I am in the water whenever possible.

I have also been drawing and painting since I was a small thing and obviously with the amount of time I spend in the water you can safely say that most of my inspiration for my artwork comes from those experiences.

One thing I particularly enjoy is the vastness of the sky you get from standing on a beach and looking out to see. It is this perspective that I try and incorporate into my work as you can see from the examples I have posted.

I also enjoy big bold colours which stems from working in places like the Caribbean, where the light is amazing. But at the same time I do enjoy the moodiness that the coast can throw at you which is why my work can appear to be greatly contrasting. A bright sunny feel one minute follwed by a darker more sombre scene the next.

I am always in the process of working on new pieces and the paintings you will see on here are just a small selection of my work.

If you would like to commission an original or would just like a print of one of the pieces then please email me. I can also do bespoke greetings cards for any type of occasion.

tezwoz1@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment